Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nothing Like a Warm Roll …


… of toilet paper. Yes, I accidently discovered a simple pleasure of life the other day. (If you are not into bathroom humor, you may want to eliminate this blog from your reading room)

Tamara was taking a shower in our main bathroom the other day, so when nature called me I headed downstairs to one of our other bathrooms – the one just off the kitchen. Being a cold morning in Southwestern Colorado, I turned on the floorboard register in that bathroom that happens to be to the right of the toilet. After reading a couple of short articles in Men’s Journal, it was time to use the toilet paper. The toilet paper roll holder is placed about a foot and a half above the heat source, and as I unrolled the paper from its spool, I could feel its warmth in my hand. I knew at that moment what I was about to experience. Just as I had anticipated, it was a true unexpected pleasure – kinda like warm butt’er being applied to fresh buns.

This reminded me of the house in Northwestern Ohio my six siblings and I spent our formative years. This house had a furnace in the basement that was lucky to keep us from seeing our breath on a cold winter day, and for a family of nine, only one bathroom. The one luxurious feature in the bathroom was the heater vent next to the toilet. Needless to say, there were a lot of times where an impatient family member would knock on the door and interrupt many a warming of the buns.

Well, lucky for you, I have reached the end of this short roll.

One Last Thing: Did American Indians have TP in their teepees? Tee hee!

2 comments:

  1. Okay. A bit gross. Please don't burn our house down, dear. It won't be humorous, but humorless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara:

    Just wipe that thought from your memory!

    ReplyDelete