Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It Makes Me Miss the Dentists’ Chair

This is the second day in a row that Tamara and I have not had to go into work at the stores. It feels kinda strange. We haven’t had two days off in a row and just stayed home in a long time. We may head to Telluride on Thursday or Friday. We have some customers to visit and I hope to get in some skiing for the first time in nearly 10 years and also take some pictures for some new postcards and the 2010 calendar. The last time I went skiing was in Winter Park, Colorado. The parabolic/curved skies had just come out. I told Tamara that the following ski season I would rent some parabolic demo skis and see what they are all about. I haven’t skied since, mainly due to time and financial constraints. Maybe I’ll just take my old K2 210s and use them just to freak out the freakazoids in Telluride.

Geez, I just joined Facebook. What the hell is that all about. I guess it’s a good way to find people from the past and keep up to date with others in “the book.” If you have a page, shoot me an invite. Or not.

I went to a physical therapist (pt) this morning for some tendonitis in my left elbow. This was my second visit to her. Last Friday was my first visit and I arrived at 9am and the pt had not yet made an appearance. When she did arrive, she was wearing an old thermal jacket that was adorned with duct tape to keep the stuffing from flying out. Tamara recommended the pt because she uses LASER to treat the problem. I had no sooner laid down on the examining table when she starts telling me she does not tolerate authority, her views of the current political climate, and other subjects I really didn’t make the appointment to be objected to. Maybe this was her technique for diverting my attention away from what she was doing to my elbow. After the 10-minute treatment I made another appointment for this morning. I advised Tamara that I was not overly thrilled with the pt, but I would return for another visit. This morning she was there when I arrived and directed me to a different room than what was used at the previous visit. This time before I even had time to lie down she started talking about the snowstorm we were supposed to have last night that did not develop and how she wished she could move back to New York but the economy currently prevents her from doing so. She then started talking about her horse who had symptoms of tendonitis and that there was no one in this area competent enough to treat her horse – “They are morons.” O-Kaaaayyyyy. While she worked on my elbow she started talking about Telluride and the skiers there and how rude they were, but the snowboarders are ok (this is a woman at least 60 years on this earth). She then started ranting about the people in Telluride having too much money. For her, probably anyone who doesn’t have to duct tape their clothing has too much money. The treatment was finally over, and as I pined for the relaxing time I have spent in dentists’ chairs, I headed to the lobby. She didn’t come out to set me up for a next appointment, so I left and will probably never return to her for the rest of my treatment. I wonder how much it would cost to send her back to New York? Maybe she could ride her lame horse.

Have you ever watched politicians, entertainers, etc when they are addressing a crowd or on stage for an award or presentation and wondered who they are pointing to in the crowd and why? Are the people in the crowd major donors/supporters, friends, family, or are they exposing themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment